- Woodlands Sanatorium was in the Townland of Renmore, Galway.
- Dublin Road.
- It was a T.B. (Tuberculosis - Mycobacterium Tuberculosis, a Bacteria.) treatment facility before the Merlin Park Hospital was purpose built to improve on it.
- It was a bit ad-hoc, temporary. A number of Pavilions were added to expand the facility.
- It couldn't have been the best place to work either. " A report from the County M.O.H. was also submitted stating that the day Nursing Staff in Woodlands Sanatorium work at present a 52 hour week and the Night Staff a 74 hour week" Presumably, there must have been 2 shifts, unlike the more common shift length of today's 3? M.O.H. must be Minister of Health. Ref. Galwaycoco, 1947 ish..
At the same link, there is a motion ot extinguish the Right of Way, which existed on the old Dublin Road and include it in the Woodlands property, so that gives us a time frame too.
- When was it used? Don't know, but was open for T.B. Patients in 1926, so sometime before this, and after 1953 when Merlin became its replacement.
- This Building later became known as The Holy Family ( 53.279741 , -9.027249 ).
- To the North of this Estate, is a facility ran by the Brothers of Charity.
- See the Cholera , Fever Hospital, to the west of Renmore.
- An Operating Theatre opened in 1952, funded by the Hospitals Trust. (ref.)
Renmore House (53.279649°, -9.026499 ) to the South and around where Rosedale School is now.