- There was a Fever Hospital, known locally as "the Isolation", in the Townland of Renmore, Galway.
- Its purpose was in the nickname - a place to isolate People who might have transmittable disease or diseases.
- Coordinates - 53.268567 , -9.043933
- Now, and empty space, owned by the Harbour Board.
- See a Youtube Video.
- It was due to the fact that Galway was a Maritime Port - a Hub for Foreign Peoples and foreign / unknown illnesses. Exotic, I suppose.
- Access to it, was under the Railway Line, still known as the Line, between Ceannt Station and Mellows Barracks in Renmore, Galway.
- This Bridge, entry point, is still there but unused by Traffic, and is overgrown.
- This general area, had no Houses on it, and was close to the Galway Port, thereby containing any viral or bacterial threat.
- A Bungalow, and was knocked about 1996?
- The 25 inch Maps record this structure as a Cholera Hospital (1888 to 1913)
- Around the same time period, the Cassini version records it as the Port Sanitary Intercepting Hospital.
- The vicinity known as Rinmore Point.
- This area is now known as the Galway Harbour Enterprise Park.
- O Malley Construction, constructed another route, a Bridge. to this Hospital around 1994.
- See the Woodlands Sanatorium in this very Townland.
Fever Hospital in 1940, looking across from the Docks, below.
See Full Image from 1940, from which this was cropped.