List of Discos, Nightclubs and Ballrooms.
- Kno Kno's -Eglington Street
- Oyster Bar, Lion's Tower, and some other name
- The Marquee Club - Salthill
- Salthill Hotel
- The Tennis Club
- Oslo Hotel (Hallinan)
- The Oz
- Devout - Gay and Lesbian.
- The Holiday - Hotel, Boyle's. Formely Reilly's
- The Office
- International Hotel - Salthill
- Sparks 2000 - Bono, Live Aid - 1985
- The American Bar (McInerney) , Prospect Hill,
- The Golden Key
- The Gallows
- Zaks (nightclub, to the rear) maybe Zacks ?
- The Quad
- and returned to Paddy's.
- Giblin's, Prospect Hill
- The Bentley
- GPO - General Post Office, Eglington Street.
- Central Park, - C.P.'s - Abbeygate Street.
- Halo - same Street, different address - closer to Shop Street.
- Kincora - Hotel
- Great Southern Hotel, Eyre Square , now the Meyrick - and old name, revitalised.
- Flaherty's , and something else..
- The Warwick Hotel, maybe considered a Ballroom and had a Sprung Timber Floor
- The Warwick, a Club
- Lenaboy Arms
- Oasis - image
- The Hilltop
- Flannery's Hotel - Dublin Road
- Frankie's (Frank Flannery)
- The Vic. - Victoria
- Club Cheeva
- The Burren Mount
- Francies 21 Club (Sanfrandisco)
- The Venue - Eyre Square
- Warwick - Hotel - Warick ? ( O Connor''s )
- Butler Bar
- The Junction - Foster Street, behind the Pucan
- Church Lane - off Shop Street -Divilly's
- Kynes of Loughgeorge - Joe - ( known recently as Brennan's )
- CJ's - O Connors
- The Ranch House - Cummer Tuam
- and its oddly named, Saddle Room -
- C.T. Article and Pic
- Sullivans - Gort
- The infamous Meadow Court
- Roisin Dubh
- Paradiso - The Gentleman's Club ?
- The Eglington Hotel
- Twiggs - (Higgins) . See Footage from 1986
- The Castle Inn - Image
- The Castle (Greally)
- The Merlin, I suppose, has to be mentioned.
- Peacock’s, Maam Cross
- See Chick Gillen and Sean Casserly -Olympic Boxing Club
- The Corrib Great Southern, had activity too.
- The Alley, Ball Alley Lane
- Corinthinas, RFC , Tuam Road, - Parties, Sandy Kelly, etc..
- Gallwegians R.F.C. , Dublin Road, parties as well.
- Le Graal, Dominick Street.
- Belly Dancing
- Club Outrageous, The Black Box
- Ely House, Woodquay
- The Goal Post (Connolly)
- Bish Disco (Saint Joseph's ), and its relation - Saint Pat's National School - Youth.
- The Rowing Club, Woodquay.
- Riverside Community Centre.
- Castlegar Complex - 21st's, other Birthday Parties, Matt Cunningham, etc..
- Mervue Church basement I suppose. An asset to the place and time.
- Great Music and Youthful enthusiasm, led to many relationships - REO Speedwagon - Keep on Loving, 1980
- Claregalway Community Centre - over 35 years running
- Belton and Hughes, two of many notable D.J.s from the past.
- Hester, Lenihan and Noone, on the Door.
- The Astaire. Victoria Place, in the 1950's.
- The Skyline / The Eagle Ballroom - See Murrough Townland - almost forgotten, but popular at the time?
- Talk of the Town, Headford Road - Ashe Motors.
- The Hangar - Salthill Park.
- Phil Lynott, 1973
- The Classic, Gort
- “The Classic Ballroom in Gort was one of the best dancehalls in the county, apart from Seapoint and other big dancehalls in Galway,” he added, explaining that it could hold 1,000 people".
- C.T. Artixle
- Seapoint -
- Bailey's Ballroom
- All Ireland Ballroom Dancing Championships 1939 Video
Dance Halls (Rooms, almost Shed like in cases).
- Carroll's in Cregmore. This also doubled as a Picture House, for a week annually.
Supposed to be Alcohol free, but you could be well loaded, on entry.
- Salthill Hotel - 1984
- Twiggs, and a few places around Eyre Square - priceless, great footage- 1986
- 1985 - Salthill, Susan Mc Cann, Break-dancing...
This page began as its title states, but People started asking "what was the name of X before it became Y, so it expanded a little to include Pub names. Thanks, to Vinny.
- Stage Door Inn (Garvey''s)
- An Sibin
- Mc Ginn's Hop House.
- The Central Bar ( Joe Geoghegan's )
- The Brooklyn, Woodquay (Griffin's).
- The Chestnut, Eyre Square
- Fountain View
- Fibber Magee's
The Jersey - East side of Eyre Square, south of O Connells.
Hollywoods, was in Foster Street, and is no more.
- The Traveller's Rest - Casserly, Ballindooley.
- Charlie Duggan
- Harry's - Harris
- Taffe's Pub, Shop Street.
- The Tribesman
- The City Bar
- Number Thirteen on the Square (No. 13), Eyre Square.
Garvey's - Frank and Gertrude / Family.
The Harbour Bar was in the Docks - owned by Burke's and leased for a time by Dolores Keane. Paraicin's used to be DeLargy's, and Brennan's is also gone.
The American Bar and the American Garage, were in Prospect Hill, on the South Side and owned by Mc Inerney. These are separate to the American Hotel, which was across the road.
The hare and Hound was in the West near the Crane.
Gerry's Night Spot