List of Graveyards in Castlegar County Galway
- Created: Saturday, 20 July 2019 11:15
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 809
We have numerous graveyards in Castlegar County Galway, Ireland.
Please use the list below to follow the ones of interest to you;
- Menlo Graveyard
- Carrowbrowne Graveyard
- Ballybrit - Lisheen
- Killeen Cemetery - Lisheen
- Castlegar Townland Cemetery -Tuam Road.
- Graves of the clergy - See Castlegar Grotto
- Another Graveyard, was in Wellpark - just North of the Redemptorist Building, near the current Monivea Road. There is a Road, there now.
- There is something like a Portal Tomb in Menlo.
- A Book, entitled "A record of seven graveyards in the Parish of Castlegar, Co. Galway", exists - see it on Amazon (new window).
No longer in the Parish of Castlegar
- A housing estate was built around a graveyard in Terryland; the housing estate is known today as Cáisleán (Caslawn) Heights. ( 53.287537 , -9.051603 , elevation; 45 feet or 13.716 metres ).
- Ancient one at Roscam - 53.263868 , -8.984239 ; elevation of 20 feet. May have been known locally as the Moor or Meur? (ref. J.J.C)
- Saint James's - Mervue