We have a number of Churches in Castlegar. Please click on the links for specific information;
- Saint Columba 's - known as Castlegar Church
- Coolough - Saint Peter and Paul church serving the Menlo and Ballindooley areas
- The Good Shepherd - serving the communities in the Doughiska, Roscam and southern parish areas
- Ancient structure in the North West of Carrowbrowne?
- Potez, Mervue. Facilties used for a time.
- Read a News Letter from 1969
- Ruins of a Church in Roscam - 53.264160, -8.984759
- The Old Castlegar Church - Roughly 120 metres (400 feet) North of the Castlegar School yard. 53.302825 , -9.019212
- A house in Menlo, was used as a Church for a time, in the mid 1800's.
- A Chapel, now ruined, may be in the South of Ballintemple ?
- A Church is drawn on the Down Survery Project Map, in the Kiltullagh region, around 1670
- Email the Parish Secretary -
Ballinfoyle, Renmore, and Mervue are no longer within the parish and now have their own venues.
Old Parish Priests, houses.
Cannon Hyland had a fine residence on the Tuam road, where Monaghan's Garage now stands.