As a growing awareness of Arts and Heritage, this festival is anything but ‘boring’, and is borne from the success of the "Spellman's Boreen Festival of 2009". Brought to you by Connect Castlegar and The Arts Council
The Official Time-table of events went much as it was planned and the weather was complicit in its success.
- Giants descended with legs that are long -still dwarfed by the Castle, hovering-on.
- Music permeates - singing of times, still not gone.
- Dancing on feet - that soon will be strong - while others may dither, and still not be wrong.
- The Mad Hatter and Queen (Alice in Wonderland theme).
- Artistically rendered Chairs, offer another spectacle of colour and creativity.
- Other Photographs
- Editor's Pick
An Excellent video embodies some of the elements of this Festival. Please vote and comment at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=275Vos0ofsY ;
Even back in 2010, Youtube flagged the Music in this Video as a copyright infringement. It was. It was also common practice, and though flagged - it was permissible.
In the interim, Google got much more sophisticated in their analysis and treatment. This led to a world-wide ban, where the video could be seen, but not heard.
I tried a 29 second long clip of it in 2019, and that was blocked within hours, on that same basis of copyright infringement.
That piece of Music - Yann Tiersen - Comptine d`un autre ete - l`apres-midi"
is available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvryolGa19A . It is exquisite and fitted the event perfectly, but what can you do?
Or you can click on the picture below, to take you to that particular drama.
^ Unusually, long legs
^ A random selection of some of the People, who make a Festival possible, desirable, and even necessary. It includes participants, visitors and some of the Volunteers. To print it alone, just click on it.