Captain Luke Mullins was in charge of the Racecourse in Balllybrit, Castlegar Galway, before Mr. John Moloney.
See Luke in Ballybrit Racecourse on R.T.E.'s Archive Footage of the Galway Races in 1977 (open in a new window). See a clip with just the Luke segment on youtube.
- Captain Mullins, as he was called locally, lived in the same House, as John - the Bungalow in Parkmore.
- Luke was a Brother to the Trainer,
- ex Irish Army, in the Cavalry.
- He hailed from County Killkenny.
- John Moloney, took over in 1989.
- Some of us, remember him with that Hat.
- Had he a Renault 4 Car?
- Luke was present at the Galway Races in 2015 - in a Wheelchair for comfort, but not restricted to it at all.
- R.I.P. - June 21st, 2019. Born -1922.