Bothar na Caillighe was the name of a "road" in Doughiska Townland, Galway
- Hag's Road, is one interpretation, while others include Witch, mythical Goddess of Thunder and other variants.
- "The Cailleach displays several traits befitting the personification of winter: she herds deer, she fights spring, and her staff freezes the ground" - Wikipedia. This general area, could feel like that, if you were caught here in the Rain and Wind, and before it was built-up?
- See Youtube Video for imagery of this area from 2007 to 2019 - it has really transformed.
- Thanks to Joe for his input.
- Situated just East of the Coolagh Roundabout, and West of the Doughiska Road.
- The Green-Lighted Building Development (May,2019), is to be just to the North. "The ‘Evolution Gateway’ will be built on a 7.1-acre site at Sraith Fhada off the Coolagh roundabout and will see the creation of around 250 jobs during construction" C.T. -
^ The double white lines, are additional.