Books on Castlegar, Galway
- Created: Sunday, 07 July 2019 11:02
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 548
- "Menlo, Memories and Folklore", was launched oh July the 9th of 2019 by William Henry. Willie is also in the Castlegar Boreen Festival Video of 2010. Willie, is from Bohermore and an old Mervue resident as well as a Historian - so should have a solid grasp of regional life.
- "Radharc Na Neasgai", by Pagraig Small, Anglingham.
- "History of Castlegar Parish", by Father Lee, A.K.A. Padraic O Laoi. 216 pages. The Natives still have copies, if you can't find it elsewhere. (1996 - ish). Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN)
B0006FCB88. Check Amazon, but it appears to be out of print. - See an extract (unverified) at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Darcy .
- Castlegar Hurlers: Joe Connolly, John Connolly, Mick King. 22 pages. http://www.abebooks.co.uk/9781158549702/Castlegar-Hurlers-Joe-Connolly-John-1158549709/plp
- A Book, entitled "A record of seven graveyards in the Parish of Castlegar, Co. Galway", exists - see it on Amazon (new window).
- "The Moon on my Back" - Pat Tierney, a Man who lived in The Townland of Castlegar. Where would you get a Copy? Dunno, except that some of the Natives still have Copies. There is a post at http://liffeyside.blogspot.ie/2006/01/pat-tierney-remembered-who-out-there.html , about the Man. Pat, is also in the R.T.E. Archives from 1993 where he is interviewed by Pat Kenny, and gives a frank account of some of his life.
- John O Connell - "Kiloughter of my Youth" - August 2014. A brief article and photo, are at http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/71491/kiloughter-long-ago . This Book is about John's experience in Killoughter.