- Ballindooley Lake is in the Townlands of Ballindooley and Ballygurrane, while also in the Parish of Castlegar, Galway.
- Coordinates - 53.305900, -9.027611
- Elevation - 11 metres. Using the same metrics (G.E.), Lough Corrib is 5 metres at 3kms to the North-west.
- Google Map.
- From Eyre Square, Galway - over 2 Miles... N84, the Headford Road.
- Perch, Pike and Eels at some point.
- Just South of Ballindooley Castle - 180 metres.
- Unqualified comment - clean, or relatively so.
- Connected to the Sea in the past - ----> Ballinfoyle ....> Galway. See Contour Map and elevation stats.
- Public access... hmm.. don't know, but nothing official, I'd imagine...
Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy 1837
Arrhenwrus crenatus Koenike.—River Corrib. In a small deep lake on the limestone at Rallindooley, near Galway, a beautiful bright red form of this species occurs, which is strikingly different from the dull purplish form found in the Royal Canal and other places in the east of Ireland.